Asbestos Removal Adelaide
Asbestos is present in over one third of Adelaide homes and business. ANY structure built prior to as late as 1993 may contain asbestos containing materials, particularly asbestos cement. It is very important to get an Expert Asbestos Assessment before carrying out any renovation or repair work yourself.
We can quickly visually assess your property and point out areas that are likely to have asbestos containing products in them. Whilst onsite we will measure up any suspected asbestos containing materials so we can prepare a free quote for removal and disposal.
South Adelaide Asbestos Removal has been carrying out asbestos removal and disposal in Adelaide and surrounding county regions for over 23 years. Don’t trust your property and the safety of those you care about to those doing asbestos work “on the side”….. Call us. Asbestos Removal is what we do every day.
Domestic & Commercial Experts
- Over 20 Years Experience in SA
- Family Owned & Operated
- Old Fashioned Customer Service
- Environmentally Friendly
- Licenced By Safework SA
- Licenced by The EPA (Environmental Protection Authority)
- Specific Asbestos Insurance Cover
- Quick Quote, Prompt Service, No Fuss.
- Insured Up To $10M
South Adelaide Asbestos Removal take care of the entire process for you!
We prepare all the necessary applications and lodge them with Safe Work SA.
We notify your neighbours of the day and time that the work is to be done.
We make sure that all preparations are made to make the job go smoothly and safely, not just during the removal process but also for the safe transport and disposal of the asbestos waste.
Ask us about asbestos testing too. We’ll explain the process and arrange testing to be carried out on any suspicious materials.
Asbestos Removal Laws
There are laws governing the removal and disposal of asbestos containing materials. Any person being paid to do this type of work must hold the appropriate builders license, asbestos removal license and if transporting asbestos waste the appropriate EPA transport license.
These laws are:
- Code of Practice: How to Safely Remove Asbestos October 2018
- Code of Practice: How to Manage and Control Asbestos in the Workplace October 2018
- Environmental Protection Act 1993 (Section 36 of the EP Act.)
- Environment Protection Regulations 2009
Never Remove Asbestos Yourself
Some may consider removing asbestos themselves. This should be considered very carefully as these Codes of Practice may still apply. If a neighbour or member of the public lodges a complaint to Safework SA you can end up in hot water if you haven’t taken appropriate precautions to comply. The question is WHY would you WANT to subject yourself to potential exposure to asbestos unnecessarily when you can have the asbestos removed legally, professionally and most important SAFELY by South Adelaide Asbestos Removal.
Licenses & Codes Of Practice
We have the following licenses and qualifications to comply with the laws and Codes of Practice outlined above:
- SA Builders License RL115833
- Safework SA Asbestos Removal License 72995
- EPA Transport license 2973
- All staff hold qualification CPCCDE3014A for Removal of Non Friable Asbestos
- Supervisors hold qualification CPCCBC4051A for Supervise Asbestos Removal
- All jobs requiring Safework Notification have Air Quality Monitoring undertaken
- All jobs requiring Safework Notification have Site Inspection and Clearance Certificate completed
- Multiple vehicles permitted to transport and dispose of asbestos cement waste.
South Adelaide Asbestos Removal recently removed some asbestos from a commercial tenancy that I own. I met Kevin on site and he did a measure up and gave me a quote within 24 hours. The quote was extremely reasonable considering the amount of work that was required. The asbestos was removed quickly, efficiently and professionally.